Does your brand run hashtag-based thematic campaigns?
It doesn’t matter if you represent a small brand or a multinational brand you should run a hashtag-based thematic campaign occasionally, and it can serve various purposes. A hashtag can be used to market new campaigns and products, run contests and competitions, request fans to provide input regarding a new company development, or to link a brand to a famous news story or item.
When hashtags were first introduced, nobody could have dreamed that they would become an integral part of any brand’s digital marketing strategy. And yet, years later, hashtags are not just a part of social media marketing, but sometimes can drive an entire marketing campaign.
When your brand is facing cut-throat competition, even if your marketer struggles with audience engagement rate especially when you think that your brand is not getting enough exposure to the right audience; when you are going to launch a new product category or any charitable cause; no matter what purpose you have in mind; you should try hashtag-based campaigns; trust me it could be the life savior of your brand’s social media marketing strategy.
And here I have curated the list of major benefits of such campaigns.
- It can increase the visibility of your content as well brand
- If done with user-generated content, you can track audience engagement level
- It can help you boost fan acquisition
- You can find the right people for brand advocacy
8 successful hashtag-based campaigns of all time:
Lay’s #DoUsAFlavor Campaign
Coca-Cola’s #ShareACoke Campaign
Uber’s #BeyondFiveStars Campaign
Adidas’s #HereToCreate Campaign
Heineken’s #OpenYourWorld Campaign
Disney’s #ShareYourEars Campaign
Always’s #LikeAGirl Campaign
Taco Bell’s #NakedChickenChips
Key aspects to consider when launching a hashtag-based campaign
- Measure the current influence (reach, contributors, influential users, impressions etc.) of your brand on various social media platforms
- Identify what relevant keywords your brand name is associated with across the social media channels and compile a list — it will help you generate ideas about relevant branded hashtags, concepts, and copies for the campaign
- Define the goals of your campaign — your goal could be to raise awareness for a new product, to increase the number of followers, or to urge consumers to download your app, etc.)
- Create a hashtag that resonates with your audience — it must have a plain and clear theme that easily memorable and easy to comprehend
- Invite input and participation from your team and community and
- Don’t forget to use the trending generic hashtags — before choosing the check the demographics of those hashtags
- Amplify your message by inviting influencers
- Try with multiple content formats (images, GIFs, videos etc.) as per your audience’s taste
- Measure engagement growth, community growth, impressions, page/profile views using a tool
If you have a question, feel free to drop a comment below.